Embracing video as part of a marketing strategy is the next big thing for brands who hold an online presence, according to industry experts. Companies are now rushing to become video-savvy and offer an online video strategy that will help to drive traffic, engage customers and ultimately lead to sales. The key is not to make a video but to make an investment. A financial investment but a strategic, purpose driven emotional investment.
Here a five compelling facts why you should.
- Video’s widespread use. Check out these stats.
- The average YouTube viewer watches 261 minute per month
- 500 tweets every minute contain web video
- More than 50% of social media videos are commented on
- 68% of online video viewers share video links
- 53% more likely to get a first page Google result with web video on your homepage
- A video improves your chance of a first page Google ranking by 53% (Forrester)
- Mobile Video use is exploding. According to some reports a ten fold increase in the last year. YouTube mobile is now available on over 350 million devices and growing.
- According to a recent Forbes Insight study, 59% of C-Level decision makers prefer watching online video to reading text because it helps them make deeper connections and better understand a company’s product or service
- Including a video in an online press release increases views by 77% according to PR Newswire.
If that’s not enough to persuade watch this video by Dr. Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist. He discusses how pictures, videos and images help us understand the universe. The power of video IS the power of the mind! He touched upon the human brain and power it holds.